Concrete Technology Corporation, a leading Pacific Northwest prestressed concrete manufacturer, is seeking a professional self-motivated individual for the position of Plant Engineer. The Plant Engineer position provides technical and administrative oversight for all plant facilities and equipment including upgrades and capital expenditures in an effort to meet current and future production demands. The Plant Engineer ensures CTC facilities and equipment are procured, used, and maintained in a manner that provides maximum efficiency, operational safety, and product quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the planning, design, and construction of plant projects as authorized and directed by the Director of Operations, the Operations Maintenance Budget and the Capital Spending Plan. Responsible for cost control and scheduling of such projects including establishment, administration, and close out of accounts used to collect project costs.
- Provides technical oversight for facilities and equipment maintenance and recommends major repairs, replacements or new purchases. Assists Maintenance Foreman with implementation of Preventative Maintenance Program and record keeping.
- Prepares economic justification study prior to major purchase or rental associated with plant facilities and projects. Prepares and submits Discretionary Expenditure Request (DER) for all expenditures over $1000 and obtains approval prior to commitment of funds.
- Assists Purchasing with procurement of major plan purchases including developing drawings, specifications, contracts, and negotiations. Assists Purchasing with negotiating the sale of all used equipment designated for disposal.
- Assists Director of Operations and Plant Manager in preparation of annual Operations Maintenance Budget and Capital Spending Plan.
- Maintains plant engineering files and drawings of all plant facilities, equipment, and significant plant projects.
- Assists the Plant Manager with the administration of CTC standard concrete forms which includes monitoring condition to ensure that forms meet production demands, ordering parts and new forms as necessary. Assists Director of Operations with maintaining updated standard form inventory and establishing standard form allocations. Assists Marketing with questions regarding standard form costs and availability.
- Assists production and provides technical support with procurement, installation, use and maintenance of standard curing systems.
- Responsible for structural analysis and correct employment of standard stressing beds, including all associated stressing hardware and hydraulic jacking equipment. Runs analysis on all non-standard stressing arrangements. Maintains files on standard and non-standard stressing arrangements and procedures.
- Oversees inspection and maintains files of all standard lifting beams, slings, and hardware. Communicates with Production and Project Management to ensure proper use.
- Administers specific plant systems and programs.
- Ensures all permits and certifications necessary for plant operations are obtained in a timely manner and appropriately filed.
- Coordinates timely payment of facility/operations fees.
- Assists Project Management, as requested, to perform engineering studies on production equipment and tooling for specific projects. Also assists with installation and start-up as necessary.
- Assists Director of Operations on special plant/production projects as directed
Special Notes and Conditions:
- Due to the many activities requiring personal representation, the position is expected to work when needed.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- EIT certification desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 5 years minimum experience required in industrial/plant engineering involving structural, mechanical and electrical systems with demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvements
- Must have the ability to manage projects and perform multiple tasks involving administrative and technical issues
- Experience with Excel and AutoCAD required
Concrete Technology's success is linked to its ability to attract and retain a highly qualified work force, and to effectively use and develop its human resources. We have made a commitment to providing a workplace in which each individual's unique talents and backgrounds are valued. Come join our team and be a part of concrete manufacturing history. CTC offers an excellent salary/benefits package. To learn more about CTC and apply online, visit our website at www.concretetech.com.
CTC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, and other protected groups or activities, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.